Thursday, June 30, 2011

Quilt Along Nine Patches

First - I just want to thank you all for your super sweet comments on my Bliss quilt. And I want to say hello and welcome to any new followers (and of course to the usual suspects :) I really am glad that you stop by and read my blathering. Truly, I am. OK, enough of the mushies....

I stitched up my second block for the Sewn quilt along this week. I figure that if I make it a point to have them posted on Thursdays then I'll stay on track with the whole thing. My vacation is going to mess me up a little but I am LOVING how the red and white prints are working together, and they stitch up pretty quick so I don't think I'll have a problem catching up. The block this time was a nine-patch block. It was done with strip piecing and chain quilting to speed the process. My seams were pretty good this time--once I squared up the edges it was right on. I don't expect that to happen too often.

 

I am now realizing I forgot to do my final pressing on that center seam, but it looks pretty cute, eh? I ordered a few more red and white prints as I've only got scraps of some of them in my stash, so I'm excited to start adding them in. UPS tracking thingee says they should be here tomorrow. Am I the only one who obsessively clicks on the tracking number to see if it's any closer to the front door than it was an hour ago when it departed Raleigh, NC? Please tell me I'm not the only one. I feel like a stalker now....

So that's that. Next on my cutting board is a handbag for me. If I don't make it before I get to the rest of the to-do list it'll never get done and then it'll be fall, and I really don't think the fabric I chose deserves to sit on the shelf for another year (because LAST year is when I intended to make this bag). That fabric NEEDS me to do some selfish sewing...

Have a deliciously stellar Friday! Holiday weekend - woot!

4 comments:

  1. More divine red and white..it's coming along really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the reds! I did not get updates on my blog for your posts, and am just now catching up. The BLISS came out so beautiful!!! You did a great job! That fabric just makes me swoon!!! Love the oilcloth bag, and the bunting!! Home is a beautiful word indeed. Where do you find the time to sew when you work full time too????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh!!! I'm drooling over this block Beth!!! It's too cute:) I wanna hug it and squeeze it.. you get me right? And don't worry about the ups tracking... i do it too!!! And i didn't consider myself a stalker..but now that you mention it... mmm maybe I am after all {since i' m refreshing the tracking page every hour}... heheheehe! Hope that you have the best time this weekend!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog, added you to my sidebar, wanting to read through the entire blog this week ... very excited to see your sewing ideas, fabric combos, etc. Thanks for all the sharing~ Mary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...